UPDATE: 21 February 2021
We continue to follow the Government’s Advice. Basically, we are not encouraging social meeting up at the club. There may be up to 6 people in clubhouse (masks required) and up to 8 on the firing line (masks required if 2m distancing can not be maintained). Members can have up to 2 guests, but we are encouraging your guests to be members of your close social circle (bubble).
UPDATE: 8 February 2021
Good Day Club Members,
I am pleased to announce that effective Monday, we will be easing some of our restrictions:
1. Max 6 people in the clubhouse at a time (Masks required).
2. Max 8 people on the firing line, 2 metre social distancing is required, and masks must be worn if you cannot maintain that 2 m distance.
3. Pack out your garbage, this includes food waste, ammunition boxes and other items you may have brought up with you.
4. Members will be allowed up to 2 guests, guests should either be members of your household, or, members of your close social circle.
Please remember, guests must be signed in with the date, your membership number, and their full address including postal codes. The $5 guest fee is still required, and please continue to use the envelopes provided. Just write the date, and your membership number on the envelope.
These will take effect on Monday, 8 Feb.
UPDATE: 9 January 2021
The NS Government has somewhat relaxed restrictions within Nova Scotia. We will try moving towards a posture that we will be able to maintain. Our biggest restriction is space, so we are going to maintain the 2m distancing requirement, inside and out. This means, that masks will be required inside the clubhouse, with a max number of people within limited to 6. Since the firing line is outside, we can have up to 8 shooters, however if they cannot maintain 2 metre spacing, then masks will be required on the shooting line as well. We are not going to entertain guests for the foreseeable future. All social activities up at the range will have to wait. We do not anticipate a meeting until sometime in the summer when the weather allows us to conduct another outdoor meeting.
So, in summary, no guests, no social meets, limited to 6 in the clubhouse with masks on. Shooters are to maintain 2 metre separation, and if they can’t, wear masks on the firing line.
We have a backlog of orientations. So, I will be using the club Saturdays, 1100-1230 or so for orientations. So, there will be no shooting during these times. Once I get through the backlog, I will change back to the twice a month schedule. (An email direct to affected members is forthcoming)
UPDATE: 17 December 2020
Good Day Members,
No doubt you have heard about the new Provincial Restrictions that will come into effect this Monday (21 December). This is what it is going to mean for the club:
1. No more than 4 members on the firing line at any one time. No more than 4 members inside the clubhouse at any one time.
2. During this period, there will be no guests allowed. Also, we request that you do not set up meetings with other members at the club. You may travel to the club with members from your own household, however, the maximum 4 person rule will still apply, both inside and on the firing line.
3. The club will be closed on boxing day from 11am to noon. This is to accommodate an orientation.
4. Club members from Halifax and Hants Counties are requested to not travel to the club during this period.
5. If you are isolating, or feel sick, please do not come up to the club. Should you attend the club, and then subsequently test positive for C19(within 7 days) please let me know, and I can pull the records for you for contact tracing. Your name will not be released to the club, and be kept private.
We will not be bringing in any more new members until after these restrictions have been listed. I am still accepting payment for membership renewals. They can be mailed in, dropped off at my house or the club. If you are having difficulties with your renewals, please let me know and I can work with you. I will put a renewal update out later this week.
The end of the Pandemic is in sight, just a few more months. Please help us to keep our members safe.
Please have a safe and happy holiday, Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!
UPDATE: 9 December 2020
COVID Restrictions UpdateIn accordance with NS Gov instructions, NMGC Members from the Halifax and Hants County are requested not to travel to the Range at this time, until NS internal travel restrictions are relaxed.
Additionally, local members are requested not to bring guests to the range who have travelled from Halifax within the last two weeks. Members are requested to limit the number of guests to 2.
Please wear masks while inside the Clubhouse.
If you are feeling sick, or are self-isolating, please do not come out to the range. All members are requested to pack out all their garbage.
Club Meetings have been suspended until further notice.
UPDATE: 25 November 2020
As Nova Scotia enters the second wave we are reminding the members that if they feel unwell, even with mild symptoms please do not go to the club. In accordance with Government guidelines, we can only have a maximum of 10 people in the clubhouse at a time. Please mask up if there is anyone else. We can have a maximum of 8 people on the shooting line. Members are allowed to bring guests at this time, but we request you limit the number of guests to two. All garbage is to be packed out, with the exception of brass and misfires which can be left in the containers provided.
Currently, the regular Club Meetings are suspended.
We are in a dynamic environment right now, and as the situation changes, our policies will shift as well. Our primary concern is the safety of our members, and the well being of the club itself.
UPDATE: 1 October 2020
Good Day Members,
I am pleased to announce that as the Government eases some of the restrictions we too, will follow:
Effective today, we will remove the 10 person restriction in the clubhouse and firing line. IAW the new Government Policy, we may now have up to 50 people within the clubhouse and firing line areas. Also, as a result we will also remove the one guest per member limitation.
Members are reminded that they are completely responsible for the safety and conduct of their guests. The guest fee will remain as $5 per guest, and members are to place the fees in an envelope with the date and their membership number on it.
Please continue to follow social distancing and wear masks were appropriate.
Currently we are still planning on an outdoor AGM later this month, however please stay tuned for further changes.
We will continue to monitor the state of COVID-19 in Nova Scotia, and will continue to update our policies to Government Regulations and Policies.
NMGC Membership Director
UPDATE: 24 July 2020
There has been an announcement from the Provincial Government concerning the use of masks:
As of 31 July, masks are required to be worn in public spaces in Nova Scotia. This includes “places for sports and recreational activities such as a gym, pool or indoor tennis facility, except while doing an activity where a mask cannot be worn”
As a result we will be requiring all members to wear masks when in the clubhouse. While outdoors on the shooting line, masks will only be required if you cannot physically distance yourself from other shooters.
“People with a valid medical reason for not wearing a mask are exempt.”
UPDATE: 18 June 2020
We have some very good news today.
The Nova Scotia Premier announced today that we are breaking the bubble!
…people may gather in groups of 10 without physical distancing. Those groups do not need to be exclusive, ending the need for household bubbles…
Groups of up to 50 are allowed but physical distancing must be observed. The premier clarified this could be done in or outside as long as people are able to remain six feet apart.
So in accordance with these instructions we are easing some of our restrictions:
Effective today, we are removing restrictions on the numbers of shooters at the club. We can have up to 8 shooters on the line.
We can now have up to 10 people total in the clubhouse and firing line. Members are reminded of the RSO requirements:
One shooter, you are your own RSO. If there are two shooters, then you will nominate a RSO who can continue to shoot. If there are more than 3 shooters, then the RSO must not shoot and only act as RSO. Only Club Members may act as RSO. It doesn’t matter what their qualifications are, guests may not act as an RSO.
We are also allowing members to bring a guest with them. Guests will be limited to 1 per member at a time. Guests must be signed in, and the guest fee is $5. Please use the envelopes, place your membership number, the date and put the fee in the envelope. This is to be placed in the locked ammo box mounted on the wall at the desk.
All members are reminded to pack out your garbage. No garbage should be left at the club, brass can be left in the brass bucket, mis-fires can be left in the misfire can.
Members should be aware that should a second wave of COVID occur, restrictions could be reinstated.
UPDATE: 13 June 2020
Some Restrictions have been lifted, however we are still under some health measures. All regular Club Rules and Regulations are in effect, with a few additional limitations:
1. No Guests allowed.
2. Maximum 3 shooters allowed on the firing line at a time.
3. Maximum 10 members allowed in the clubhouse/firing line at a time (subject to Social Distancing)
4. Social Distancing of 2 meters is in effect.
5. Saturdays the club is closed to shooting between 1030am and noon for Orientations/Safety Training.
6. Pack in/Pack out all garbage.
UPDATE: 1 June 2020
The Nova Scotia Government has somewhat relaxed COVID19 policy, we can now have groups of 10 provided social distancing of 2m is observed. What does this mean for the club? It means we can move towards something a little more less restrictive.
1. We will be moving back to the old sign-in book starting Tuesday June 2nd.
2. We can have up to 10 members present in the clubhouse and shooting line, however you must respect the 2m social distancing requirement. All club members are reminded that when we have more than 3 shooters on the line, there must be a stand-alone RSO who cannot shoot. Please show some courtesy for any members who may be waiting to shoot.
3. Pack out your garbage. Clean up your brass, even if it is forward of the concrete. Do not sweep your brass off the concrete. Return shooting materials (sandbags, etc) to the shelf.
4. PPE (masks, gloves, etc) use is encouraged. However, PPE will not be provided. We have limited resources in terms of cleaning materials at the club, no running water. If you feel you are at risk, please consider not coming up to the club to shoot.
5. If you are feeling sick, don’t come up to the club.
6. We will continue the “no guest” policy.
7. The club is closed to social events.
8. New Member Orientations will take place on Saturdays, 1030-noon. During this time the club will be closed to regular shooting.
9. All members are reminded that everybody at the club is responsible for observing the 2m social distancing requirement.
10. This could change again, if the NS Gov changes their posture.